Setup an individual user files area
Registered users should be able to:
- access specific files that are not accessible by other users
- upload files that are not accessible to other users
FILEman comes with a special menu type called User Table. This makes it very easy to setup a list of files per user for various use cases and workflows.
Each user will automatically get a folder on the filesystem based on his username. The menu type will only show the files in the folder corresponding to the logged in user.
1. Create a Folder
Create a folder called 'user-files' in FILEman.
FILEman will automatically create a subfolder for each user (based on his username) when the user uploads his first file. You do not need to create these folders manually.
2. Create a Menu Item
- Create a Menu Item called 'My Files'
- Use type User Table
- Link it to the 'user-files' folder
- Set the Access Level to Registered
- Select the 'user-files' folder in the User folders container selectbox.
A registered user will see the 'My Files' Menu Item allowing him to upload files and browse the files that have been uploaded earlier.
By adding email addresses to the Notify these emails setting of the My Files Menu Item people will get an email notifications whenever a new file is being added.