DOCman Notify is a plugin that sends notification emails to document owners, category owners and document groups about changes in those documents and categories that they manage.
- Download DOCman Notify
- Install the plugin using the Joomla’s Extensions Manager
- Publish the plugin
Define when users receive notifications:
- Add: when a document gets added
- Edit: when a document gets edited
- Delete: when a document gets deleted
- Submit: when a document is submitted from the front-end
- Publish: when a document gets published
- Assign: when a document is assigned (owner change)
- Download: when a document gets downloaded
Define who will receive notification emails:
- Document owner: the user owns the document
- Category owner: the user owning the category that contains the document
- Document groups: users who belong to user groups granting access to the document
Tip 1: Emails are not send to the user performing the action. When testing the plugin yourself you can debug notifications.
Tip 2: To make a registered user a document or category owner select the user in the ‘owner’ select box in the category or document form.
When Joomla's Debug System is enabled, debug notifications will be sent by the plugin as follow:
The current logged-in user will get a Joomla system message for each notification being triggered.
Users who enabled Joomla's Receive System Emails setting on their profile will receive the notifications with a list of recipients by email.
Notifications sent by the plugin can be customized with a template override. The location of the original view is:
Copy the file to your template and make your own customizations: